MUSEUM PASS BORROWING GUIDELINES:
1. Free passes to various museums are available to Farmingdale Public Library cardholders 18 years and older in good standing.
2. Only one pass may be checked out to an individual patron at any given time. Each museum’s pass may be reserved ONCE in a 30-day period.
WE HAVE TWO TYPES OF PASSES:
Print on Demand Pass: Passes may be reserved up to two weeks in advance and can be printed from home or at the library. This pass will only be valid for the Date of Visit listed on the confirmation page.
Pick Up/Return Pass: Passes may be reserved online up to two weeks in advance and can be picked up at the Youth Services Desk. These passes must be returned one day after check out to avoid a fine. In order to not incur a fine, passes are due on the due date by 9PM.
Pick Up/Return Passes CAN be returned in the AV Drop outside the library on the due date by 9PM. Patrons must check that the pass is in the case before dropping it in the AV Drop. Empty cases will be charged a late fee.
Starting November 1, 2018: There is a $25 per day late charge for passes not returned by 9PM on the due date. Maximum fine is $100. Failure to pay the late fine will result in delinquency and the ability to borrow materials, including museum passes from the library.
Pick Up/Return Passes are only available for pick up when the library is OPEN. The library is not responsible for reservations made for Pick Up/Return passes when the library is CLOSED.
Library Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs: 9:00am-9:00pm Wed: 10:00am-9:00pm Fri: 9:00am-6:00pm
Sat. 9:00am-5:00pm (Sept.-June) 9:00am-1:00pm (July-August) Sun. 1:00pm-5:00pm (Sept.-May)
LIST OF PRINT-ON-DEMAND (POD) MUSEUM PASSES:
Below is a list of all of the museums that are Print-On-Demand passes. Click on the museum to read more information about that museum and to place a reservation. Be sure to check for any last minute closures and special hours on the museum’s website.
- American Airpower Museum, Farmingdale NY
- CMEE – Children’s Museum of the East End, Bridgehampton NY
- The Cold Spring Harbor Fire House Museum, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
- Fire Island Lighthouse, Captree Island, NY
- The Frick Collection, New York, NY
- Garvies Point Museum & Preserve, Glen Cove, NY
- Harbes Family Farm, Mattituck NY
- Heckscher Museum of Art, Huntington NY
- HMTC – Holocaust Memorial & Tolerance Center, Glen Cove, NY
- Intrepid Museum, New York, NY
- LIM – Long Island Museum, Stony Brook, NY
- Long Island Maritime Museum, West Sayville NY
- Nassau County Firefighters Museum, Garden City NY
- Nassau County Museum of Art, Roslyn Harbor NY
- New York Transit Museum, Brooklyn NY
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration, Old Bethpage NY
- Old Westbury Gardens, Old Westbury NY
- Oyster Bay Railroad Museum, Oyster Bay NY
- Vanderbilt Museum and Planetarium, Centerport NY
- Walt Whitman Birthplace, Huntington Station NY
- The Whaling Museum and Education Center, Cold Spring Harbor NY
LIST OF PICK-UP/RETURN MUSEUM PASSES:
Below is a list of all of the museums that are Pick-Up/Return passes. Click on the museum to read more information about that museum. Then click on the name of the museum to go the museum’s website. Be sure to check for any last minute closures and special hours on the museum’s website. For directions, click on the address to be taken to the museum’s location on Google Maps.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Brooklyn NY
- Cradle of Aviation Museum, Garden City NY
- The Empire Pass, New York State
- Guggenheim Museum, New York, NY
- Long Island Children’s Museum, Garden City NY
- MoMA – Museum of Modern Art, Manhattan NY
- New York Botanical Garden, Bronx NY
- New York Hall of Science, Corona NY
- Planting Fields Foundation, Oyster Bay NY